Never Too Late to Learn: The Adult Piano Student's Surprise Advantage
We were at a poolside gathering, talking about our summers. And with new acquaintances, the inevitable "What do you do? What's your occupation?" comes up.
I brace myself for the wide range of reactions to "piano coach." Some people hear "piano" and get excited. Others start recounting horror stories of their own childhood lessons involving agony around reading...
Have you ever been nervous before a performance for an audience? Ever got jitters before recording your song in front of a camera?
Here are some tips backed by neuroscience and used by Olympic Athletes.
#1) Take 7 deep breaths. This calms your nervous system and stops the overthinking cycle.
#2) Visualize yourself in the place you love the most. Use your 5 senses.
#3) Visualize yourself performing...
Let's record a great quality video!
- Time of day - good lighting mid morning or afternoon
- Look nice - Come with hair done and be in real clothes. Don't come in workout gear or pajamas.
- Pick the best camera - Find the phone/device or video camera with the best phone and microphone.
- Remove the case - If you are using a device remove the case.
- Cushion the sound - to avoid harsh echoes place a towel or soft...